soSIMPLE Calendar was designed to give you advanced flexibility in an easy-to-use package. Once you’ve put the files where they belong, soSIMPLE Calendar will be ready to use, and with soSIMPLE Calendar Settings, you will be able to customize your calendar views pretty quickly.
The soSIMPLE Calendar solution consists of two files:
- soSIMPLE Calendar — This contains your event data and the user interface. You can use it as is, customize it, or use it as an example for your own development.
- soSIMPLE Calendar Settings — This contains settings for your calendars and the code that creates the calendars in a web viewer or browser.
Here’s the short version of what you need to do to get running with your first calendar:
Without FileMaker Server
If you are not using FileMaker Server — You will be using Standalone mode.
- Save the files soSIMPLE Calendar.fmp12 and soSIMPLE Calendar Settings.fmp12 to your desktop or mobile device.
- Open soSIMPLE Calendar in FileMaker Go or Pro.
With FileMaker Server
If you are using FileMaker Server — You can choose between Standalone and Server-Powered modes (More details about modes)
|For Standalone mode on FileMaker Server:
For Server-Powered mode on FileMaker Server:
Click “Register” when you’re prompted at startup. Enter your “Registered To” name as you entered when you purchased it, and the key that we send when you purchased (these come in two separate emails).
Use Your Calendar
soSIMPLE Calendar comes with a ready-to-use calendar solution already set up. To start using the calendar, click the Go To Calendar button on the welcome menu in soSIMPLE Calendar.
To enter an event, just click and drag on the calendar. Enter details into the event window that opens.
Customize Your Calendar
You can customize your calendar and its views in Preferences.
- Staff—the list of users: account name, name as it appears on the calendar, email address and default color.
- Resources—events can have one or more resources assigned to them. These could be rooms, equipment, people, etc. The Resource calendar view displays events for each resource in a separate column.
- Email Settings chooses options for email notification of events. If you turn on email, then anyone who has permission to see an event receive notification when an event is created, deleted, or modified.
- Calendar Options allow you change the look & feel of your calendar
- The button, More Calendar Settings and Customization opens the soSIMPLE Calendar Settings file, ready to make detailed changes to your calendar.