This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by admin 3 years, 11 months ago.
March 19, 2019 at 2:12 pm #75503
I have no events in my iCal/Outlook/Google
When I try to navigate in a browser http://xxx00595553&feed=ical I get this result:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR VERSION:2.0 PRODID:-//soSIMPLEcalendar//NONSGML v2.2//EN BEGIN:VEVENT DTSTART:19691231T190000 DTEND:19691231T190000 UID: SUMMARY: DESCRIPTION: RESOURCES: LOCATION: END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR
My events are not there …
March 19, 2019 at 2:41 pm #75504
It’s likely just a time-out issue. We usually try to limit the iCal feed data source to only include the past 60 days or so as most clients just need to see current information. We do this by creating a calculation field in the events table and mapping it to the “display only flag” field in the data source. The calculation could be something like “if (start date > get(currentdate) – 60; 1)”.
March 19, 2019 at 3:07 pm #75505
Thanks for answering my question.
If we need to get all calendar data through a iCal feed, is there away to increase the time out setting ?
March 20, 2019 at 2:12 pm #75508
Unfortunately, that timeout is tied to FileMaker’s API. We haven’t had much success changing the timeout. Perhaps you could separate your feed into batches by filtering the feed with URL filters?
March 20, 2019 at 5:36 pm #75519
Hello, i made the change to limit the number of results and this does not solve the problem. If i do the test on the server with LocalHost url, i have a good result (see attachment). Why do not i get the same result on an external network? And if i remove the &feed=ical from the url, i get my calendar correctly (local and external)
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
April 9, 2019 at 7:59 pm #75528
I’m sorry for the late reply. There a couple of settings you can check. If this doesn’t help, we can set up a remote support session to resolve this.
- what version of soSIMPLE are you using?
- try changing data source settings FileMaker Server address.
- the default is “Single Server”. Try that if it’s been changed.
- changing it to “Localhost” may also resolve the issue.
- changing it to the fqdn or ip address of the FileMaker Server may also help.
- Additional questions, if those don’t help:
- what version of FileMaker Server are you running? What OS?
- Are you using REST or PHP in the soSIMPLE config file (PHP is default)?
- Are you seeing errors in the WPE log in FileMaker Server/Logs folder? (or DAPI log for Data API)?
Again, happy to set up a remote support session if the data source settings don’t resolve the issue.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.