Tagged: Clicks do nothing :-(
- February 27, 2019 at 11:01 am #75491
a Doubleclick in the calendar opens the entry formular an i can make a booking.
But a click of a existing booking ( Timeline Calendar ) does only refresh the calendar also a double click.
No Tooltip showing ( Tablet YES ) and a Doubleclick won´t open the Edit Formular .
from time to time it works but mostly it fails .
Tested on MacOS and Windows 10 with FMPA 17
- February 27, 2019 at 12:48 pm #75494
Hi Günter –
Can you tell me if something changed to cause this problem, or is this a new installation?
Are you working standalone or server powered?
Do you have “Client-Side Script” selected for this calendar?
For tablets, you must turn on the “Touch Enhancements” option in soSIMPLE Calendar Settings (click “Edit” next to “Options” for your calendar).
While you’re in “Options” also make sure that “Read Only” is not enabled.
Assuming you’re using client-side scripting &/or standalone mode:
If you’re using FileMaker Pro Advanced, you can turn on your Script Debugger to make sure the Action Script is running. Every time you do anything in your calendar, the Action Script runs and several variables are set. Can you tell me if that script is running? If it is, make sure the $event_type variable is set to “edit”, “open”, or “new”. If you don’t have FileMaker Pro Advanced, you can add a “Show Custom Dialog” to the first step of that script to tell you what that variable is set to. Set the text of the dialog to “Current edit mode is ” & $event_type.
If the script isn’t running at all, it’s likely that FMPA17 didn’t install the fmp:// protocol properly. You can fix that here:
- March 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm #75506This reply has been marked as private.
- March 20, 2019 at 2:05 pm #75507This reply has been marked as private.
- March 20, 2019 at 2:32 pm #75509
in the Data Viewer : $event_type = “Open” after double-click but the calender only refresh.
Randomly it opens the right one Layout but mostly it only refrehes the Calendar.
- March 20, 2019 at 2:40 pm #75510
The action script that runs is completely editable. We provide a sample in our soSIMPLE Calendar starter file.
You can step through the script to see where it’s not doing what you want it to do.
If you haven’t customized your script, sometimes what happens is you change layouts or field names in your data source without making the same changes in the first few lines of your action script. If this is the problem, follow these steps:
- Open soSIMPLE Calendar Settings file
- Select the calendar that you’re working with. Verify the data source settings.
- Click “Use in FileMaker Pro/Go”
- Click “Copy just the variable steps”.
- Now go back to your action script, select the 3 “set variable” steps at the top of the script, remove them and choose “paste”
This will update the layouts and field names with the choices you made in the settings file.
- March 20, 2019 at 2:42 pm #75511
- March 20, 2019 at 2:45 pm #75513
The data viewer doesn’t always update quickly enough unless you’re paused in script debugger. If my suggestions above don’t work, try running Script Debugger and making sure all the variables are set as soon as the script starts running.
- March 20, 2019 at 2:47 pm #75514
Please also confirm that the calendar is “Client Side Scripting” and whether you’re server-powered or standalone.
- March 20, 2019 at 3:49 pm #75515
hello , here with script debugger.
Calendar is set to Client Side scripting and Standalone
- March 20, 2019 at 4:11 pm #75516
- March 20, 2019 at 5:18 pm #75518
You don’t show the data viewer, but you say it’s$event type open.
Did you follow the the steps above?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.