Powerful filtering in soSIMPLE Calendar
Streamline your calendar by showing only what’s important.
During this training, you will learn to how filter your calendar using a variety of methods ranging from the very simple, to very secure. What’s the value in filtering your calendar? Usually events tables are filled with a huge number of events, when only a selection of them are useful to you when you’re scheduling things on your calendar.
- Show only your own events, or those of your staff.
- Show only events pertaining to a specific project.
- Or show only the resources that are applicable to what you’re working on.
Filtering your calendar allows you to zoom in on what’s relevant. Filtering is also a great way to provide individual staff or vendor calendars without having to rebuild each one.
Filtering can be very simple in soSIMPLE Calendar, or very refined. Did you know there are three different ways to filter your soSIMPLE Calendar?
- A single static field to limit what events show on your calendar
- Extremely flexible URL-style filtering will dynamically filter your calendar based on multiple fields in your events table.
- An advanced server-side script steps in when you need infinitely flexible filtering – like keyword searches, higher security profile-based searches, and even virtual lists.
What you learn here applies to your calendar in FileMaker Pro, on the Web and in iCal. We assume basic knowledge of soSIMPLE integration for this session.
This training is part of our webinar series, First Tuesdays soSIMPLE Training. Please help us decide the next session topic.
Quick hint: if you view this video directly on YouTube, we provide chapter markers in the description to jump directly to different parts of the video.