Get your FREE fmGateway Zapier app right here
soSIMPLE Software announced fmGateway for Zapier, a free Zapier app, during the 2017 FileMaker Developers Conference.
The fmGateway for Zapier allows your custom FileMaker apps to communicate with a huge number of web applications using Zapier. For example:
- new leads from your website can be automatically collected into your database
- ecommerce orders can be imported automatically
- SMS updates can be sent automatically to alert clients in changes to their order
- customers can be automatically subscribed to your newsletter
- invoices can be sent via PayPal or Invoice Ninja
- updates can be sent to Slack and vice-versa
The options are only limited by the number of apps available on the Zapier web site – and there are hundreds of them.
Currently, fmGateway is in “Beta” status. In order to get out of Beta status, Zapier requires that we reach a threshold of Active accounts – these are not just connections that you’ve made to your FileMaker 16 Server, but actually live connections that are scheduled and running. Once we’ve reached this threshold, fmGateway will be added as a publicly available app in their directory for anyone to use.
To start using fmGateway, here’s what you need to do:
- Install FileMaker Server 16.
- Make sure you can reach FileMaker Server’s web components from the public internet (if you can reach a WebDirect app, you should be all set).
- Enable the Data API on FileMaker Server 16
- Install a valid Security Certificate on FileMaker Server 16
- Set up a user in your app with the FMREST extended privilege
- Fill out the form below. You will immediately be sent an invitation to join the beta.
- Log onto Zapier, add fmGateway to your Zap, and follow the instructions to connect to your FileMaker app.
- Make sure your Zap stays live! This is how fmGateway will become a global app.
Fill out this form to get immediate access to fmGateway. And please let us know how you’re using fmGateway. We’d love to hear from you.