This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  admin 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Germain

When I downloaded the demo (standalone version) I got this issue. When trying to create a new appointment I got (?) in the start/end date and time. If I entered the correct info into the fields and pressed done, no appointment was created. Also if I tried to move one of the pre-entered appointment it disappears. Thanks.

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you for reaching out to us.

What file are you opening? You should make sure you’re using “soSIMPLE Calendar”, not one of the example files. We will be removing the example files from future builds – they were intended as practice files to go with our 5-minute integration tutorial.

Make sure when you open soSIMPLE Calendar, that it’s in the same folder as “soSIMPLE Calendar Settings.”

This should work fine for all nationalities, so I’m assuming you’re using the wrong file. Let me know if you’re experiencing this on the soSIMPLE Calendar file, or refer to this article:

http://sosimplesoftware.com/forums/topic/non-american-date-format/

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Germain –

Have you had a chance to look at this again? I saw in another message from you that you are using the soSIMPLE Calendar file. Let me know if the fix I recommended worked for you.

To help us follow up:
    – what country are you in?
    – what date format do you use?
    – have you tried the fix in our link?

Thanks

Ken

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Germain –

You helped us discover a long-standing bug in FileMaker:

With a file set to “Always Use File’s Saved Settings”, the getasdate() function should use the format mm/dd/yyyy for files stored that way. However, when using the FMP:// protocol to set a variable, the getasdate() function does not work as expected.

The workaround is to set the same variable using setastext() before setting the variable using setasdate().

For our soSIMPLE Calendar file, this means adding two steps to the beginning of the soSIMPLE Action script (see attachment). Add them after “set variable [$url]…”.

Our new release (posted already) includes this change.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Barbara Cooney

Apparently I have the same issue. However, I have the latest demo files. I cannot login here to view your attachments.

Kenneth d’Oronzio

My apologies, the latest build is not downloading properly. We’ll have it updated in the next hour or so. Please download again in about an hour. The version # (in the welcome.rtf file) will say version 3.4)

Kenneth d’Oronzio

The download is now available. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you’re downloading on Windows and see a file called _Mac_OS, please download again.

http://www.paradisepartners.com/products/try-sosimple-calendar-for-filemaker/sosimple-download-demo-trial/

Thank you

Barbara Cooney

OK, downloading now. I had installed on my FMS and had done the integration to the dev version of my file. I was hoping to simply copy script steps. Is that possible? I had created my own “template.”

Barbara Cooney

So, I’ve made a huge assumption that I can integrate this with a dev copy, creating a new template, etc. for the purpose of evaluating before I suggest that my client buys this. Is that a false assumption? I cannot get an event to show. Is it because I’m not registered?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Barbara –

The file “soSIMPLE Calendar” comes with developer level access once you purchase the product.

You can evaluate full functionality with that file, and you can do a complete integration with your own file using our 5-minute integration method, even before purchasing.

http://www.sosimplesoftware.com/products/calendar-documentation/how-to-guides/five-minute-integration-server-powered/

admin
    Keymaster

Our 5-minute integration includes copying scripts and a layout object into your solution. Please let me know if you have any problems running that.

http://www.sosimplesoftware.com/products/calendar-documentation/how-to-guides/five-minute-integration-server-powered/

Thanks

Barbara Cooney

I cannot get this work. I’ve done the 5 min integration more than once. I see a calendar in the web viewer, but no events. I’ve spent the afternoon reading all the scripts, looking to see what reference is broken. I really want to be in the position of having this all working in development and demoing it to the client. Can you confirm that it’s fully functional (with the watermark)?

admin
    Keymaster

Can we hop on a support call? Please send me your email address and phone number in a “Private Reply” . We’ll email you shortly.

Barbara Cooney
    This reply has been marked as private.

admin
    Keymaster

We just got off a support call for someone with very similar symptoms.

Their issue was that the end-date was not filled in for the records they expected to see on the calendar. So I’ll do some quick checks with you, and if none of these are it, let’s take a look together:

Required fields – all of these need to be filled in for every record you want to see:

• start date
    • end date
    • start time
    • end time
    • unique id field
    • text for the event

User name and password must be set in the Data Source settings. (verify that they are correct!)
    The user specified must have the PHP extended privilege and must have access to the event data.

Nothing should be red in the Data Source settings window (except maybe the script names, if you haven’t copied them). That would indicate that either the layout selected or the fields selected don’t exist or aren’t on the layout specified.

Open the preferences window (click the gear icon on the main calendar settings interface). Make sure you aren’t using standalone mode (you can see the URL) and that you can successfully clear the cache (the button under the URL).

I’m assuming both files (your file and the settings file) are on the same server as one another and as the FileMaker Server web publishing engine. If that’s not the case, you probably wouldn’t see the calendar background show up. If they are on different servers, there are a couple of other settings to look at.

Let me know if it’s any of those.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.