This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 6 years ago.

• Author

Jptremblay
    Participant

I use Filemaker Go and FileMaker Pro for my current solution. I’m server side.

I use the Client Side Script as mentioned into the Config file.

On my iPad, when I click on a event I see a menu where I have detail, a blank rectangle and delete.

1-how can I remove the blank rectangle?

On my FM Pro, how can I add the same menu when I click on a event? Actually, only delete from keyboard, double click to open my layout work. when I delete the record, the calendar doesn’t not update itself since it doesn’t use the calendar action.

In the option (config file) , I activate the context menu.

Thanks again

admin
    Keymaster

Hi JP.

When using client-side scripting, both FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go will use the same script (by default the “soSIMPLE Calendar Actions” script). That script, ( again by defaultĀ ) will open the data source layout and pause. Then hitting the enter key, or clicking a “resume” button will close that window and refresh the event on the calendar.

You can edit the data source layout by adding a button with the single step “resume” or even better, you can create a layout used for data entry and change the first variable that’s set in the script to the name of your new layout (I think it’s called $entry_layout or something similar).

I strongly encourage you to become familiar with that script. It’s a very simple design that you can edit to do exactly what you want. Part of the beauty of soSIMPLE is that you can change your script or your layout to do anything you want it to.

Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.