This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  admin 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

rmdennis
    Participant

Calendar is setup and running server-side for use with WebDirect. All the fields work properly in both FM and Web except for the resources. If I change a resource in FM it updates properly on the Web. However, if I change the resource on the Web it doesn’t update in FM. The field will then revert back to what is in FM when the Web refreshes. All other fields update properly in FM and on the Web.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  admin.

rmdennis
    Participant

To further clarify, this happens when you have custom fields. Basically as soon as I use custom fields, resources don’t work.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi rmdennis –

Are you using FileMaker 16 Server? Do you have REST enabled in the soSIMPLE config file? If so, try changing REST back to PHP.

If that’s not the issue, please confirm that none of the fields in your data source are calculation fields, including the custom fields. Instead you can use number or text fields with auto-enter calculations.

Let us know how it goes.

rmdennis
    Participant

Using FM server 15. Very simple database to experiment with the calendar setup using a few fields. Just time, date and text fields. As soon as the resource field is added to the Custom Fields the problem occurs (changing resource field on the Web won’t write to FM). All the other fields work fine. I tried this on your sample calendar and got the same result.

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you.

We have confirmed that adding the resource field to custom fields stops the resource fields from writing back to your file. We will look into this issue. Keep an eye on our facebook feed or twitter for an update notification. (both feeds linked at the top right of this page).

rmdennis
    Participant

Thanks. Sorry to keep you up late at night…..

tyler

Hello,

I was wondering if there was ever a fix for this? I’m having the same issue when I update resources via cal and go back to FMP 16 and events are not updated.

admin
    Keymaster

This is an old post. Can you tell me what version of soSIMPLE Calendar you’re running?

Tyler

Version 3.71

admin
    Keymaster

It sounds like you haven’t updated your Actions script so that it includes the resource field. See this post for more details:

https://www.sosimplesoftware.com/forums/topic/when-i-first-installed-i-only-had-a-few-fields/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.