This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

seaghost
    Participant

Ok, I can see appointments in the  week view, month view day view but cannot see any appointments listed in the timeline or resource views. How do you turn these on?

#2. In order to use the MBS plugin your docs say just remove the parameter, so the end result should look like this?

seaghost
    Participant

Perform Script [ “startup soSIMPLE Registration & MBS Plugin Loader (“noplugin”)” from file: “soSIMPLE Calendar Settings” ]

admin
    Keymaster

Yes – that’s the correct script.

To use resource view:

1. In your Data Source setup (in soSIMPLE Calendar Settings), tell soSIMPLE what field you’re using for your resource.
    2. On the same layout that your using for the Data Source setup, assign a value list to the resource field. That value list will be used as your resource list.

notes:

– make sure there’s only one copy of the resource field on the layout.

– the value list cannot be dynamically set by globals or global variables. The list can be static or based on a field, and it can include a second second field if are using IDs and labels for the resources.

more info:

https://www.sosimplesoftware.com/products/calendar-documentation/calendar-builder-reference/data-sources/filemaker-fields/resources/

seaghost
    Participant

Thank you for your help.

I can see the people listed across the top of the resource view as it is linked in the settings as required but its the Appointments that are not showing in the view. So I can see an appointment in the week view but when I switch to resource or planner there are no appointments showing at all. But the appointments do show in week, day, grid or month views. Unfortunately my client needs the resource view.

admin
    Keymaster

The events will show in the resource and timeline views when the Resource field in the event (the one with the value list assigned) is set to the same value as the Resource shown in the header.

To narrow down this question – is the field storing a resource key, or the actual resource name?

Some things to check:

• Make sure there’s only one copy of the resource field on your data source layout.
    • Check the field type for the resource field – you usually want that to be a text field.

If you’re still having problems, please send a screenshot of the data source layout showing an event that has a resource assigned. Please also send a corresponding screenshot of the calendar resource view for that day. If this is a public facing calendar you can also send the url to the calendar itself.

Please use “Set as private reply” if you’re sending any urls or private information.

seaghost
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

admin
    Keymaster

admin
    Keymaster

seaghost
    Participant

admin
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.