This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

stefanoslmc
    Participant

Hi

I fianlly fixed, as you suggested, and now my router is using NAT LOOPBACK so I can access the calendar using only public IP

It is showing the events both from outside and from LAN

From outside it is fully working. From the same LAN of the server I can access the file using the public IP instead of the private IP, but when I double click on one event it attempts to open again the calendar pointing at the private IP

I can’t solve the problem, settings are set to SINGLE SERVER

thanks

Stefano

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Stefano –

I’m glad to hear that’s working.

Now that you’re using the Public IP everywhere, make sure all location that you use the calendar show the public IP, and not the internal ID:

• Web Viewer
    • Any scripts that set the web viewer
    • Inside soSIMPLE Calendar Settings:
      • Under the Gear icon, path to php page
      • Inside the Data Source setting (try Single Server – if that’s not working, enter the external IP address there, too)

We didn’t have you enter anything into the Custom JS field in Options, did we?

Let me know how it works out.

stefanoslmc
    Participant

Hi

I did not enter anything into custom js field

I have tried both single server and the external IP address, but still it is not working inside the LAN of the server

It is working fine from outside

I am using filemaker Advanced so I activated the script debugger and then double clicked one event but no debugger started, so it seems like the “opening” command is coming from the script of the calendar settings (which of course I cannot access nor debug) and not from a script of the calendar

stefano

stefanoslmc
    Participant

I just realized that in the gear icon calendar settings the path is correct, addressed to the public IP address, but if I click on RESTORE it writes the private IP

Seems like it memorized the old private IP address somewhere. Of course, than I changed into public IP address

thanks

stefano

admin
    Keymaster

Did you upgrade from an earlier version of soSIMPLE? I’m not sure if this is related or not, but there is a bug that we’ll be releasing a patch for, that reverts back to the default php address when you open soSIMPLE Calendar Settings. The fix, until we release the patch, is to re-register the software (also in the gear).

You can verify that it fixes the bug by entering your external address in the path field, then re-opening the Settings file and verifying it’s still there.

Please let me know if that fixes it.

Thanks

stefanoslmc
    Participant

Hi

I did’not upgrade from earlier version

anyway, Finally I started everything again from the beginning

I downloaded your original sosimple files, then I uploaded to the server and register it

It started working correctly from both inside and outside the LAN

The problem started when I attempted to create a new layout on your so simple calendar

I opened the so simple settings and clicked on Web direct , I changed the user and password of My calendar Simple (I want different user for Adv and simple) – and then clicked USE ON WEB DIRECT

I copied the url and pasted into a new web viewer

Now when I attempt to double click an event or create a new one it tries to open a second so simple calendar

you can see in the short movie opening a so simple calendar 2- window

Il giorno 20 nov 2017, alle ore 22:33, soSIMPLE Software/Paradise Partners <noreply@paradisepartners.com> ha scritto:

admin wrote:

Did you upgrade from an earlier version of soSIMPLE? I’m not sure if this is related or not, but there is a bug that we’ll be releasing a patch for, that reverts back to the default php address when you open soSIMPLE Calendar Settings. The fix, until we release the patch, is to re-register the software (also in the gear).

You can verify that it fixes the bug by entering your external address in the path field, then re-opening the Settings file and verifying it’s still there.

Please let me know if that fixes it.

Thanks

Post Link: https://www.paradisepartners.com/forums/topic/problems-in-the-lan/#post-74374

———–

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forum topic.

Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  stefanoslmc.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  stefanoslmc.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

admin
    Keymaster

Make sure the IP address/url that you are using in the calendar, is the same one that you’re using to open your file from FileMaker Server. In other words, if you are using 122.122.122.122 in your launcher, make sure you’re using the same IP address in the web viewer. If you are using fmserver.xyz.com.de, then use that that in the web viewer.

You can also check what IP address you’re using by entering “get(hostipaddress)” from the data viewer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.