This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Alberto1960

It looks like the MBS plugin provides options for creating PDFs. I’m wondering if that’ll enable us to print PDFs server-side instead of using a robot. If so, any special additional things to keep in mind?

TIA,
    debi

admin
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if you’re talking about soSIMPLE anymore, or just PDFs in general.

As far as soSIMPLE goes, you need to load the PDF-generating URL from the context of the calendar you’re looking at. It uses JavaScript to push the parameters to the php code responsible for generating the PDF. It doesn’t use MBS’s PDF function at all. So the short answer is, I don’t think there’s a way to auto-generate pdfs of a calendar on the server without additional PHP coding (which we can help you with if you’d like).

We are using MBS’s PDF functions for other solutions, however, and they’re very powerful. They all work server-side. I’m not sure if there’s an equivalent of FileMaker’s Print to PDF function, though, since that’s not what we’re using it for. From my quick look at their documentation, I don’t think there is an equivalent, but they’re very quick with email support, so I would recommend contacting them directly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.