This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Rick

I’m a mobile veterinarian and have developed a Filemaker solution (using Richard Carlton’s FM Starting Point). The calendar in that system doesn’t work well so I was trying to find a better calendar to use for my appointments, hence my purchase of soSIMPLE. I initially set up a standalone calendar and was happy with the way it looked and functioned. I then integrated soSIMPLE into my solution. However, my integrated calendar is very minimalistic compared to the first one. I am confused as to how get it to look and function the same. For instance, my resources (automobiles) show up in the appointment on the original calendar but not on the integrated one. I don’t see the settings bar on the integrated calendar. I am not sure how to set up the color drop down lists in the integrated copy. I added buttons that will take me to the settings file and also to my original calendar, but this is just a work-around although a pretty good one. Eventually, I want to use the entire solution with an appointment calendar on my iPad mini using FM Go (by the way, I tried to download soSIMPLE onto my mini but it can’t open the zip download file). So, lots of problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi John –

First, I wanted to make sure you’ve had a look at our tutorial on integrating soSIMPLE into your own solution:
    http://www.sosimplesoftware.com/products/calendar-documentation/how-to-guides/five-minute-integration-standalone/

This method of implementation allows you to embed the calendar right into your own layouts. From there you can choose how sophisticated or simple you want your calendar by changing the layout and options in Calendar Settings.

If you like all the features of the starter file we provide (file named “soSIMPLE Calendar”) (resource selections, repeating events, filter by staff, etc.) you can also just link to that file instead of using the integration tutorial. Then everything’s been pre-built for you. Since that example is not integrated into your solution, you would have to choose how tightly integrated to make it. You can start by linking it just using a button, as you did. Further integration will require some development –

1. copy the web viewer to your solution
    2. copy and paste the following scripts:
      • soSIMPLE Startup Script
      • Set Up Calendar ([calendar_id])
      • Refresh Calendar ([calendar_id])
    3. edit soSIMPLE Startup Script to make sure the correct calendar ID is being used (from soSIMPLE Calendar Settings)

Run the startup script once per solution. Then run the setup calendar or refresh calendar scripts anytime you want to draw the calendar. Double-clicking or dragging will open the event in the soSIMPLE Calendar file.

There are some more tweaks you’ll need to do to, such as hiding the soSIMPLE Calendar window and refreshing the calendar on your own layout after you create or update events. Perhaps we’ll put together a tutorial on this type of integration soon.

For using on the iPad, you can either copy both the files (Calendar and Settings) using iTunes or email (unzipped), or you can open them remotely, using your desktop as a host. See the following references:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7754/~/transferring-files-with-filemaker-go

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7763/~/connecting-to-a-file-via-filemaker-go

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.