Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kiwioz 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

master
    Participant

Hello,

I want to perform a script when users change the menu. For instance if the user wants to go from Resources to Week I want to be sure the user has set the filter to show just one Resource at a time, or else the Week view will be overcrowded with events. My solution is to put a set of buttons above the web viewer that call a script to perform some validation before changing the $$hash variable and refreshing the calendar.

Is there a way to hide the menus at the top of the calendar? Or is there a way a script can detect that a new menu has been selected before the calendar actually changes menus?

I tried to change the menu labels to blank (in Options) but a menu name still appeared, e.g., “Resources” was replaced with “unit” when the label was blank.

Can this be accomplished with custom js?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  master.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Master.

There are probably a couple of ways to do this.

Hiding Menus:

First, I wanted to be sure you know that you can choose what menus are available on the calendar, using the “Layout” section of Calendar Settings.

You can change the labels by putting a space instead of leaving it blank.

To be more direct, however, the easiest way to have the menus available, but to hide them is enter the following into custom CSS:

#nav {

display:none;

}

If you want to remove the entire bar, including the previous, next buttons, etc., there’s an option for that under “Options” in soSIMPLE Calendar Settings.

Running a script:

We can develop a custom bit of code that would run a FileMaker script when you change views. Let me via private reply if this is something that you’d like me to estimate.

master
    Participant

I used the Custom CSS and it is exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

admin
    Keymaster

Glad that worked for you.

Based on your questions in other threads,. it sounds like it might be useful to leave the soSIMPLE navigation menus as they are, but run FileMaker scripts with information being passed to the script about where you are navigating from & to. Then you won’t have to create your own navigation system, but you can still have some control as to how the different views are shown.

The custom code for this is fairly straightforward, but there are a lot of nuances as to how you may want it to behave. If you’d like to explore this further, let me know.

Thanks

Ken

kiwioz
    Participant

Hi Ken,

I am very keen on getting a FileMaker script to fire when I am using the Navigation menus.

Example if the user clicks Day a FileMaker script runs with the parameter of “Day”. I then can run a script base on what the user selected.

Could you please provide a cost for this?

Craig

admin
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

kiwioz
    Participant

Hi Ken

I can not see the private message

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.