This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

admin
    Keymaster

Hi I have some questions about the Google Maps interface in soSIMPLE Calendar.

1) I put the Google Maps API key in the preferences, and the maps now show properly, but the key is erased whenever I open soSIMPLE Calendar Settings.

2) My addresses are not being mapped on the map. I’m using “Client Side Scripting” within FileMaker Pro/Go. I’m integrating my own solution using your “5-minute integration” method.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  admin.

admin
    Keymaster

1) The Google Maps API key will be erased at startup during your evaluation period. Once you’ve registered your software, the key will stay in place.

2) Getting your Maps view to show all your addresses may require a little bit of set up, depending on a few things. Here are the things you need to do to set up your maps tab.

1. As you saw, you need to put in a valid Google Maps API key. They’re pretty easy to get. See here. https://www.paradisepartners.com/products/calendar-documentation/calendar-builder-reference/sosimplecalendar-builder-settings/registering-google-maps/
    2. You must map your fields in Data Source settings. You need to connect these fields to fields in your solution: Location, Latitude, and Longitude
    3. If you were using Server-side Async for the web, latitude and longitude would be filled in when you type in an address in the location field. Since you’re using Client Side Scripting, you must run a script to get the lat/lng for each address. We suggest putting a trigger or a similar method in whenever you edit the location field. We provide an example script in the soSIMPLE Calendar starter file. It works like this:
      1. Insert from URL: https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml?address=” & calendar_data::Location
      2. Parse resulting XML to set the lat & lng fields.
    4. Then your maps will show all your locations.

Since you need a license key to see or copy this script, for evaluation purposes I would recommend getting the lat/lng for a few addresses using Google Maps or another web site, and manually entering them into your lat/lng fields. Then the map will show your appointments relative to one-another.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.