This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Al Partridge

When dragging an event on the calendar, both the date and time are changing to a question mark and the event disappears from the calendar. This only happens to my client, not for me in testing; not even if I use the same privilege set. I have tested on PC and Mac, FileMaker 13 and 14 on both platforms and cannot duplicate the issue. This happens for my client every time he attempts to drag an event – he is using a Mac and FileMaker 13. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. Al

admin
    Keymaster

It sounds like you have not chosen European time. Please see these articles, and let me know if they provide a solution. Thanks.

http://sosimplesoftware.com/forums/topic/non-american-date-format/
    http://paradisepartners.com/products/calendar-documentation/calendar-builder-reference/options-setup/datetime-format/

Terry

Hey Ken,

Wondering if you could explain this a little more, I’ve messed with this for about a day now thinking it was something easy and I don’t see it.

I found that Date Format option, but American or European it makes no difference, same result as what’s explained in the original post. It even does this in the Standalone Example.

So what I’ve done. I changed the field format on the Date field on my events layout so that it matches 25/08/2015 and set it to European, it fails. I’ve also changed the date field format on the events layout to 08/25/2015 and set it to American. The result is the same. (I also changed the Apply current layout on the export step as recommended).

Looking at the Script Debugger, (as you probably know) it’s the GetAsDate($to), GetAsDate($from), etc that are just returning the ?’s. When the script triggers, I can see the $to variable gets assigned to 25/08/2015 14:30:00 (when i have it European) or $to is 08/25/2015 14:30:00 (when i set it to American). Neither of these are able to resolve GetAsDate($to) obviously.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Terry

admin
    Keymaster

getasdate (“25/08/2015 14:30:00”) should resolve to October 25th, 2015 when you’re using a FileMaker file that was created using an OS set to this date format (and “Always use file’s saved settings” is selected in File > File Options > Text > Data Entry, if different regions use the file). Is that date format the one that you use, or is your format different than that? Can you plug that function into data viewer and let me know what you see?

The client script that runs is the same whether you’re using standalone or server-powered. For this script, it doesn’t matter how the field is displayed on the layout.

Let me know how that goes. If you’d like we can schedule a remote support session – just click “Set as Private Reply” below with a couple of times that work for you.

Terry

Morning Ken,

Plugging in your function returns 08/25/2015. However I see now that the $to variable is set to 25/08/2015 14:30:00 . I had thought this switched depending on what I chose in the Options, but I think my first post was incorrect and the variables were always getting assigned this date format.

So in summary, your getasdate (“25/08/2015 14:30:00″) function works, but the $to variable is currently getting assigned a format of DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY making the GetAsDate function in the script fail. I’m running Filemaker 14, OS X 10.10.4. Data Entry is set to “Always Use Files Saved Settings”

I have posted some times that I would be available this week for a remote session in the private reply in this thread.

Cheers,

Terry

Terry
    This reply has been marked as private.

admin
    Keymaster

Changing the date format in “Options” should change to that format when calling the script. Its possible that the calendar that you’re working with in the Settings file is a different calendar than the one in your web viewer.

I’ll be happy to set up a remote support session with you. I’ll arrange that with you offline.

Thanks

Ken

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.