Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

vicente95650
    Participant

Installed sosimple calendar as per instructions. The filemaker 16 server is hosted by fmphost.com.

I used Filemaker 15 pro to upload the two sosimple databases to my host.

I then tried to “open remote” but do not see the uploaded databases.

However when I open the local copies Filemaker informs me that I uploaded the file and asks me which copy I really want to open.

I am able to open the uploaded files even though I cannot browse for them.

When I open soSIMPLE Calenda and click the button “go to calendar” all I get is a blank screen where I expected to see the calendar!

I am planning to buy the software but first want to try it out.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi there vicente95650 –

FMPHost may filter visibility of your files based on your login. Does it prompt you for a password when browsing files? Use the user name config & password config to browse for the Settings file. You’ll receive the user name & password for the Calendar file after purchase. You can also change your own passwords.

The reason you don’t see a calendar when opening this file on your server is because you have probably not installed the PHP files required for server-powered installation, or you are not pointing to them from the Settings file. Please follow these instructions to install the PHP files:

Installing on 3rd-party Hosts

Make sure you go step-by-step and test the installation where mentioned in the article.

We also offer an integration special where we do the whole thing for you.

vicente95650
    Participant

OK thank you. I got a little farther. I was not getting a login prompt because I had saved my credentials (for my other databases) in my keychain. I deleted the keychain entry and was able to login as user “config”. The only database I see is soSIMPLE Calendar Settings. However I have also uploaded soSIMPLE Calendar but it does not show up. I assume that is because the same credentials do not exist in this file?

I had installed the PHP files and when I test by visiting your test web page (http://mydomain.com/sosimple/sosimple_cal.php) everything seems OK.

vicente95650
    Participant

I was able to open soSIMPLE Calendar (even though it did not show up when I browsed the databases available at fmphost using credentials of config) but have the same problem. I still do not see the calendar.

The only step in your instructions that I am not confident about is permissions for your cache folder. I added write permissions to “group” but not to specific users such as fmserver.

admin
    Keymaster

Because you’re on a third party host, your configuration is not the “standard” configuration. So you must be sure to set the IP address everywhere that’s in the 3rd party host doc:

1) in the config.php file

2) in the “url to php page” in Settings (under the gear)

You may also have to change the setting in the Data Source to specify the IP address of the FileMaker Server.

If you’d like, you can mark your reply as private and send me the address to your FM Server and I can take a look at the config for the sample file.

vicente95650
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

admin
    Keymaster

You just forgot the “http://” at the beginning of the URL to the server.

I added that and it looks like you’re good to go.

I should also point out that because you’re connecting to FileMaker securely, but you’re using a non-secure url to your web page, some features (like WebDirect) won’t work properly. Moving your pages to a secure server will fix that.

Enjoy.

Ken

vicente95650
    Participant

Thank you ! Looks good. Will now try to link to my own calendar data and will probably buy the plug-in next week.

vicente95650
    Participant

I followed your 5 minute tutorial on integrating my own calendar file and got stuck after creating a layout to house the web object. The instructions said to create a layout associated with a table occurrence that does not have the appointments but I only have one table (which has the appointments) and that is the one I used. Filemaker is basically hung and I will need to force quit! Do you have any idea about where I may have gone astray?

admin
    Keymaster

It’s probably not freezing.

The script that runs has a pause step. Pressing the enter key will continue the script.

You don’t need to use a different TO – it’s just a best practice. It will work fine either way.

vicente95650
    Participant

looks like my problem is that I can create an appointment but my “done” button does nothing! I am using Filemaker 15 pro adv and my done button executes a script that has a single step: Pause/Resume Script [ duration : 5 seconds].

vicente95650
    Participant

Seems to work. After editing an appointment I just click anywhere on the layout (but not on a field) and then press Enter. What is the intended purpose of the Done button described in the tutorial?

admin
    Keymaster

The purpose of the button is to Resume a paused script.

It sounds like you set the button to Pause for 5 seconds, instead of resuming.

Don’t assign a script to the button. Instead assign a single step – “Resume Script”

vicente95650
    Participant

Thanks. I was being fooled by the fact that there is a difference between clicking on the button (which has an effect)  and clicking on the name of the button (which has no effect).  I am a recent immigrant from the country of  Filemaker 6!!!

vicente95650
    Participant

I am getting a notice about needing to register with Monkeybread Software the  MBS Filemaker Plugin …. guidance?

admin
    Keymaster

Please see:

Unregistered Plugin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.