This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Evan Ellis
    Participant

Hello,

Every time I redraw the calendar (or have it auto update, currently set to 10) all of my events disappear. They are all still there, as when I put in a new event, they all come back until it updates again or I hit redraw again. Then they all disappear. I am using MacOS, server, with client side script. Let me know what I can do to get this working.

Thank you!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Evan –

Are you using REST in your config.php file?

Evan Ellis
    Participant

Unfortunately, I am a noob to this so I don’t know. I am using most everything default and followed the guides on this website if that helps? I didn’t make any changes to my php file unless it was indirectly. Is there a way I could gather that information for you?

Evan Ellis
    Participant

Oh, I opened up config.php and under the comment where it mentions REST, mine says something like $method = PHP. So I dont believe I am.

Evan Ellis
    Participant

Sooooooo,

I made a new data source using the same events as the old/broken data source and all of the events appear correctly. I am now going to add each additional field that I have one by one until it either breaks again or it works. I will report back with findings.

Evan Ellis
    Participant

So, I figured out what field was being a problem. I had a related field from elsewhere in the database that I was using with the calendar, and it didnt like it. Thanks for your help!

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update, Evan. When you say you added additional fields until you saw the issue again – were you adding the fields just to the layout, and that caused problems? Or was it when you added a field to the Data Source settings? If it was the latter, which field were you mapping it to?

Thanks

Evan Ellis
    Participant

I meant adding fields into the data source settings one by one. I was using a related field that wasn’t actually in the table that I pointed the soSimple calendar to. So I had the data source pointed to my “Cal events” table, and tried to use a related table/field “Work orders 4::address for cal” and it stopped the events from loading. I got around it just by using a variable to move the data over when I need it. It’s red in this screenshot because I have since removed it from the layout.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the details. I don’t think it will be an issue to have a related field in the Data Source so long as extended privileges are set right for that table & field. We’ll confirm that here.

Have you entered a Google API key into soSIMPLE Calendar Settings file? It’s possible that if that has not yet been entered, that may cause a problem when Google attempts to map that field.

A good way to check is to see if a local field shows the same issue when mapped to the “Event Location”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.