This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  admin 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

seaghost
    Participant

Spent at least 5 days getting to this point in setting up this calendar and not even finished yet. What I had worked fine yesterday.  Now after booting FMS 16 and connecting with FMPA 15 I go to the calendar in my solution and ”        ”  nothing! No Calendar comes up, just a blank layout. It seems as soon as I fix one issue Im having problems with another issue.  Please help. This setup will be for a busy office, this cannot happen once deployed.

Lauren Naslund
    Keymaster

How does your calendar appear in the soSIMPLE Calendar Settings file when you select it from the list of calendars? Do you see anything in the preview area?

seaghost
    Participant

Ok I was able to reset the calendar by resetting the link into the web viewer.

So everything was working ok except for a few minor annoyances.

Like a script hold while I was testing adding appointments, which would not let me close the window or go to another window. Then when I press continue on the script hold button that showed up it closed the window and placed the same button on my main contact window header in which when pressed, closed the whole database. So when I do that I have to reopen the main database every time. Why would that script do that?”

Also we have our setup pointing to the server ( FMS 16 ) which has been running good. But we noticed in one of the scripts it shows the setting as “standalone”.  Is that correct? Should we change that to server? We never set anything to standalone so I’m not sure why that did not setup properly.

Also we are getting a “perform script” red flag in a few of the scripts ” unknown from file ” File not open” . We don’t have a clue whats causing that.

I went into settings and while I was there I checked for updates ( maybe I had to update??) and updated the templets but now my pop up appointment window does not pop up nor anything pops up. That took me several hours to setup between your scripts.

So how do I get my popup appointment window to come back up? Why would a template update stop that??

My frustration perspective note: This database was supposed to be deployed this week. We chose your calendar because of the “ease of install and setup” so we are thinking plug and play? or minor setup, test and go. Well it looks like we are going to miss our deadline this week and maybe next week and beyond.  We are not even close. The system is so unstable so far (calendar not database ) that its going to take at least a few weeks testing AFTER we figure out whats going on with all the gremlins. We hope we will not have to eat this job.

I was thinking that maybe once we fix whats on the notes here, I can just give you a list of issues and you can just point me in the right direction from there.

Thanks for your help

admin
    Keymaster

Hi seaghost,

I’m sorry for your frustration.

I’m glad the solution for your upgrade issue was simple.

Can you tell me – did you copy the scripts into your solution from the “Use in FileMaker” button in the Settings file, or by copying and pasting them from the soSIMPLE starter file? I’m surprised to hear if there are broken script references when you copy from Settings.

Which script had “Standalone” set? Changing it to server would probably work fine, but I’d be curious to know what script we’re talking about.

As for our default “soSIMPLE Action Script” doing unpredictable things, it’s actually pretty straight forward. For “Open” (double-clicking events) and “New” (dragging a blank area), the default script opens a window, goes to your event layout, finds or creates a record, and pauses the script. After the pause, the window closes, and the event updates on the calendar. It sounds like what you’re running into is that you’re closing the window manually or with another script while you’re in pause mode. Then after the default script resumes, it closes the main window instead of the event window. Does that sound right? One possible solution is to edit the default script to no longer open or close windows, and instead operate in one window, or to check other processes to see whether you’re closing the window elsewhere.

Please do let us know what else you’re running into.

Please also be sure to follow the instructions in the 5-minute integration page, if you haven’t already. That’s probably the most important part to a successful integration as it lays out the basic building blocks of how the soSIMPLE integration works.

Thanks

Ken

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.