This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jmNeish 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

jmNeish
    Participant

Hi Ken,

Our calendar recently stopped working, but only on certain computers (when I test from my laptop it works as expected, but not from my desktop). The calendar appears to load as expected from everywhere, but you can’t always edit or create new events. Instead it looks like FileMaker is trying to open a new instance of FMPro/our solution file and then you get an error that a script is missing.

I attempted to clear out the soSimple cache files, but then I received an error that said: “Could not clear you cache files. Please check that the Calendar url is correct and try again.” The url has never been changed, and as I mentioned the calendar is at least loading correctly everywhere which makes me think the url is correct.

Any ideas?

Jon

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Jon –

This is not a cache issue – that would affect all users. Although it may speed up your calendar if you fix your cache – that’s a matter of changing permissions on the cache folder that’s installed with soSIMPLE. You can get more information here:

Server-Powered Installation

The problem you’re having is that sometimes the default version of FileMaker is not set properly. This is especially a problem with FileMaker 17, but it can happen with other versions as well. The solution is to manually set the default version of FileMaker that opens using the fmp:// url.

You can see information about how to do that here:

https://www.sosimplesoftware.com/forums/topic/action-script-not-performing-blank-web-viewer/

Hope that helps.

jmNeish
    Participant

Thanks Ken, that did the trick!

That RCDefault utility is pretty handy!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.